The Canadian Action Party will ensure the Civil Rights below.
- All Canadians will have full protection under the constitution of Canada.
- Repressive laws such as Bill C51 will be repealed and/or amended to incorporate constitutional rights prior to re submission.
- Access to basic free health care and education.
- Access to our social safety net.
- The right to clean water, air and soil.
- The right to privacy.
- The right to travel unimpeded.
We will abide by the “Constitution of Canada 1867,” and the “Bill of Rights,” “Charter of Rights and Freedoms” and the repatriation of our “Constitution of 1982.”
Limit the ability to enforce the “notwithstanding clause” (section 1) of the Constitution in any Acts of Parliament as a way to override or bypass the constitution. This ability to apply Section 1 will be restricted to genuine emergency and safety legislation.
We will work with the provinces to ensure that parental rights will be overhauled so that no family can be broken up due to unfounded concerns by officials.
Rights of participation in civil society and politics, insuring the freedom of association, the right to assemble, the right to petition, the right of self-defense, and the right to vote.