August 23rd, 2012
Canadian Action Party - Policy Committee Update
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Policy Committee is rebranding our platform with updated policies.
This is being done by……
- Rewording some of the policies, simplifying them for the general public and giving them a more palatable undertone.
- Archiving controversial policies and statements.
- Creating a policy on having a declaration of neutrality that way you eliminate/circumvent a lot of military issues.
- Moving the long historical explanations to an appendix.
- Bringing in the forefront the two most pressing issues that people are concerned about; health care and jobs.
- Creating a Budget to support the Bank of Canada policy
- Streamlining in point form what CAP wants to do, reducing the number of pages people have to read.
- Restructuring the 5 pillars so that there is no duplication
The Deadline for the policy draft is October 22, 2012. At which point it will be mailed out to the members for further feedback before the final vote at the National Convention next March.
If you are interested in our parties policies, have ideas you want to share and have a few hours to dedicate to the Party, NOW is time to have your say.
Our Next policy meeting is on Thursday August 23rd 8:15pm Eastern Time. To join the committee and acquire the meeting agendas and call in numbers, go to the member’s portal. If you do not have a login to the members portal it is quite easy, just click “recover username and password”
© 2013 - Authorized by the Canadian Action Party Chief Agent, Sally Patterson Braun